Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tips for a Kawaii Room ♡


Today I'm going to give some tips on how to make your room kawaii. Please note there are a lot of ways to have a cute room and I'm just giving some tips using my room and some other pictures as example.

My room
1st Keep you furniture white or light colored wood
I've seen quite a few pink and pastel furniture that works well too, also gold details look awesome. For my room I decided to buy all furniture white.




2nd Dress your bed nicely
This one I think it's the most important tip, a beautiful bedding will make your room look way much better. I prefer floral patterns but I think any cute design will work I also think the most cushions and pillows you have the best and comfier your bed will look!


Both pictures from my Instagram (@audreyyxxo)


3rd Surround yourself with cuteness but keep it organized and clean
Cute plushies, deco items and frames with pictures you like are always a good idea but if they are too many to the point you're hoarding stuff it might be time to stop, at least in my opinion. How to know what is the limit? If you are able to keep your stuff clean and organized then you are ok, if you have so many items that you can't even keep them out of dust maybe it's time to rearrange, but that's just my opinion on how I like to keep things. Cute storage boxes and baskets are also great options to keep your stuff organized. If you have cute make-up is also fun to have a dressing table even if small.


4th If you like stationery set yourself a little work station
If you are a filofax user, snail mail kind of person, or just loves collecting different washi tapes, stamps and gel pens having a space for that kind of stuff might be awesome! I like to separate ballpoint pens and markers in different holders, keep the stamps in the floral box and the letter sets and stickers in the Korilakkuma box.




Some other tips for a cute room:
  •  Make your bed whenever you can, also there's nothing like lay down on a bed with fresh sheets, I change mine every week
  • It's great to have your room to smell nice, I like Green Leaf home sprays and Yankee Candles (my favorite ones are Pink Sands and White Gardenia) but I also have candles from other brands I usually buy strawberry, vanilla or rose scents, you can choose your favorite smell and make your room super cozy specially in the winter
  • You can also buy cute fabric and make your own pillow or cushion cases 
  • If you have a lot of books and shelves you can organize them by color!
  • Shelves are also a great option if your room is small
  • You can use cakestands to display jewelry, make-up, bathbombs, etc
That's it I hope those tips will help you somehow and give you ideas when decorating and organizing your room! I'll do a room tour as soon as I can! Please comment if you have any tips on how to make a bedroom cute.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I am so jelly of your room haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips you have here! I'm sure this'll be very helpful for everyone. I think this'll be perfect for my home in rockwell quezon city. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete