Friday, July 25, 2014

My room ♡


Hi everyone! Today I'm gonna post about something I get asked a lot on Instagram, which is my room. In actuality my room is not nearly as nice as you may think and there are many other girls with prettier rooms out there on the internet, but I'm proud of what I managed to do with the small space I have, not so long ago my room used to be really plain and I barely had any furniture in it, I have a very large closet that occupies an entire wall from the floor to the ceiling with seven doors so most of my stuff used to be inside this closet. Last year when I was working at retail I started to gradually invest on making my room a more comfortable and cute space. Besides my bed, the closet and the shelves I bought all the furniture, my chair, my desk, my dressing table, my cupboard, my tea wagon and all my bedding with my own money as well as other decor pieces you are about too see. Unfortunately I hadn't cleaned my room before I took those pictures. It's winter here where I live now and my room doesn't get much sunlight specially during this season making it hard to get good pictures. I don't have a camera right now so I depend on taking pictures with my phone and the natural light makes a huge difference, so excuse the low quality of my pictures. I'm very organized and I always keep my room like that, except when my boyfriend comes over in the weekends and messes everything up, but my room wasn't as tidy as I like when I took the pictures so I hope no one notices that hahaha. Also is not my intention to brag about anything when I post things I own here, it's just the kind of post I like to see on other girls blogs, I love room tours and "what's in my bag" posts, Lolita wardrobe posts, etc so it's natural that I want to post similar things because I find them fun to see, so please don't misunderstand me ok? Let's all inspire and get inspired by each other instead of seeing this as bragging or showing off.


My bed, which was not with my favorite bedding today! I have three sets, they are all floral, they were all bought in Brazil and I get this questioned a lot, they are all from the same brazilian brand and I don't think it's possible to find anywhere else. The dessert print cushion is handmade (not by me, but I bought the fabric) and my Korilakkuma that my boyfriend brought from Japan in April.


Left side of my shelf: Little Twin Stars portrait and Mark Ryden portrait, some Yankee Candles which I love, my jar of paper straws, my little gingerbread guy and the Hello Kitty tea set my boyfriend gave me last year on my birthday.


Right side: "I ♡ Macarons" book I bought from Urban Outfitters and my shabby chic heart mirror I bought here in Brazil. Sonny Angel doll (Fruit series, it's the lemon one ^^), more Mark Ryden, a rose candle, Ikea candle trio, ice cream bank from Urban Outfitters, Daiso bunny mug. Those white frames are from Daiso too.


My desk is right beside the bed, hanging on the chair are my Rilakkuma handbag and my pink Daiso sleeping mask. Under the desk are my Vogue magazine collection (I used to collect Vogue from all countries when I was younger) inside floral pink boxes and my text books for studying are also there with my Rilakkuma folder and other school things.


On the desk: my strawberry trash can I got from Fancy Goods (local store that sells cute stuff), my markers I put in this ceramic bowl thingie from Daiso, the pen holders are from Swimmer and my boyfriend bought them in Japan as well as the My Melody paper clips, the piano calculator is from Daiso and my Nintendo 3DS, some tissues and my glasses usually hang out there too. By the desk I have my cupboard.


On the top of my cupboard: Little Twin Stars pencil case, little tin box with tiny office supplies from Swimmer, Kiki's Delivery service tin box I use to store tea from the Ghibli Museum, my Sylvanian Families bunnies, my Soft Blanket Yankee Candle, my Angelic Pretty Wonder Cookie stationery mook and my one and only Gothic & Lolita Bible, those things were bought in Japan and some of them I don't know where can be found elsewhere, the shabby chic flower vase was bought here in Brazil.


Inside I have some stationery, letter sets, washi tape, sticker sheets, decoden supply, this cupboard also has two drawers bellow where I keep more craft supplies.


Above the desk I have shelves, the top one has a big box from Daiso full of books, the Yakult banks can be found easily in Brazil but I don't know about other countries, cupcake bank is from Urban Outfitters, more Yankee Candles, my Fashion Bible book, my marimo ball, My Melody plushie, Instax camera, some art books, etc. On the bottom shelf my Hunger Games books, my John Green books and my mangas (mostly Nana). The Jiji plushie is from the Ghibli Museum but the Sentimental Circus elephant can be found on eBay, there's also my Hello Kitty champagne, my Angelic Pretty note book and the smaller pink box where I keep my penpal's letters.


This wall is basically my window and the other side of my bed right next to it, in the little space left there is my tea wagon with more paper straws, my custom made lamp, my bunny lamp, etc. I bought the gold frame and the ceramic cupcake here in Brazil, there's also a candy jar with pink bubblegum, a glass water bottle, a Rilakkuma plushie holding a hamburger over a cute box where I store more tea.
Then I have my chargers and a box with my Japanese magazines.

 
Close to the tea wagon I have the 7th door of my closet where I keep my kitchen stuff, mugs, trays, cups, bento boxes, etc.


The 5th and the 6th doors open to my Lolita wardrobe where I also keep some of my skincare (this picture sucks 'cause it's dark inside the closet :p)


My mirror with some polaroids and things, the first and the second doors open to my shoes and handbags, and the third and fourth to my civilian clothes which are all black and boring.


Last but not least my dressing table, there's too much on it to describe but it's pretty much a lot of Etude House, some of my favorite perfumes, etc.


Besides Etude House my favorite brand is MAC, I have a few things on the top of the table but most is in the drawers.


The middle drawer also contains more MAC products and a few eyeshadow palettes (I'm not much of an eyeshadow girl) and more MAC lipsticks (I forgot to take a picture).


In this drawer I keep some random stuff, like circle lenses, fake eyelashes, eye drops, brushes, mirrors, etc.
And that's all!! Like I said my room is very small, I don't have a nice space with beautiful windows, nicely painted walls, a nice carpet or great lighting but I made the best I could with what I had and I'm happy about it. I know it's hard to believe but nothing in my room was expensive (except for the very few Angelic Pretty things I have in my closet) all the rest was either very cheap or for a reasonable price since I'm great finding things! I can't wait to have my own house and my own kitchen ^^

Thank You for reading and hope you liked ♡


21 comments:

  1. I loved your room! Though I like all the stuff, I'm envying your storage space the most, I have a lot of stuff piled up because I don't have places to put them ; _ ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You <33 I love yours too ^^ I'm on my limit though. I can't buy anything else otherwise I really won't have where to put! I'm lucky I have a big closet but I don't think I'll be able to store more than 2 or 3 lolita dresses when I eventually buy more of them...I'm considering to hang them on the wall like some girls do but I really don't know :p kawaii hoarder problems hahaha I try not to buy more books for the same reason :(

      Delete
  2. I actually love the effect of the low lighting in your room on the photos. You have such a lovely collection of kawaii items I could not imagine myself being sad one day in that room being surrounded by all those wonderful things. Thank you for sharing this room tour with us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment ^^ I actually get sad pretty often...But cute things sure can cheer me up sometimes <3

      Delete
  3. Wow your room is so pretty and kawaii and the handmade cushion is lovely. I liked your lolita wardrobe and what you put on your shelves (◕‿◕✿) xxx

    petiteseverina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I hope I'll get more things for my wardobe soon ;-;

      Delete
  4. i really really really love your room <3 it's lovely and cute, thanks for show to us <3!

    PS: i love your bear purse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for leaving a comment and no problem I'm glad you like it <3

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, your room is so cute. So many items yet it still looks really neat and tidy. I love all your character things ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! It was actually pretty messy that day for my crazy perfectionist standards haha but I'm glad you liked and thank you for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  6. ah~ cute room! if that's my room, i won't be able to keep them clean for more than a day! *--*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is adorable, I have lots of cute things but no where to put them, and my lolita dresses are everywhere, my wardrobe is jammed @n@ oh well~

    adorable post :')

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your room so much, its super cute :) very pretty.

    Scarlett

    Kawaii blogger at pastel dreams and rainbow skies
    www.pasteldreamsandrainbowskies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is so kawaii! I get what you mean about liking to look at other people's room and wardrobe posts ~ I find it so interesting and enjoyable to look at all the kawaii-ness too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    How can I do to find the beautiful pastel pen holder you ve on desk?
    Have you got a link i use to order Or name or code?
    Please help me to find them

    Thank u so much

    You ve got a superwonderful room!
    Ciao dall 'Italia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Swimmer Japan, they have an online store but I'm not sure if they stock those anymore!

      Delete
    2. Thank U so much i hope so Please can you give me online store link ?
      Thank U
      You re so gentle
      Ciao

      Delete
    3. here's the link swimmer.co.jp but I'm not sure if the pen holders are still in stock

      Delete
  11. Doesnt look like they have anything for the Usa??? :( i would love to buy

    ReplyDelete