Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Awesome weekend trip and cute things ♡


Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be back with another post. Last weekend I had the opportunity to visit Campos do Jordão with my boyfriend, his mom and his aunt. In case you do not know, and it's very likely that you don't, Campos do Jordão is the highest city of Brazil! Which means there are many stunning views with hills and mountains and the weather there tends to be a lot colder than the other cities which attracts many tourists specially during winter! Indeed last weekend it was 7C degrees there which is quite cold compared to most brazilian cities.
Campos do Jordão is very similar to Gramado, a city in the South of Brazil, both cities seems to have a lot of German influences. There are a lot of nice places to visit while in Campos or Gramado. It was my first time in Campos and I loved it but I still think Gramado is better (although is very far way from my city).
We arrived there on Friday around noon and left Sunday around noon too, I took a lot of pictures, some ended up good and some didn't so sorry about that.





World's most expensive chocolates, I don't recall any other time I've experienced such an abusive price, be aware with things you are supposed to weight and then pay --'.
The city is filled with bars, chocolate stores, cafés and such, brazilians, who are used to a more tropical weather have the chance to wear winter garments like gloves, hats, ear muffs, etc, a little over the top for a mildly cold weather I know, but, European people as soon as it is, like, 20 degrees are already on their bikinis which is weird for us too.
Also I'd like to point out that we can expect any touristic city to be expensive, but be careful when shopping because sometimes prices can be really abusive, see the chocolates on the last picture above? Five small bonbons cost us R$17,00 (about 7.50 USD).

View from our hotel room.
Cute café. Ignore my boyfriend's crotch please lol.
Campos at night time, so pretty.
For out first night's dinner we decided to go to a German restaurant. We ordered mini hamburgers and a potato soup in the bread, the food was good but the soup was so thick that you could actually use a fork to eat it '-'. Near by the German restaurant there was a Japanese place that was so pretty that I had to take a picture too.

Forever having to remove onions --'
We wasted the bread because there was no room in our stomachs which made me feel really bad because I hate wasting food :/



The place I enjoyed the most was a creperie called Valentine, we went there on Saturday for a crepe, the decor was so tasteful.


We ordered a berry and chocolate crepe. Although it looks very sweet it was actually very ''light'' and not too sugary.



The picture doesn't show but it was filled with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. There's a really good crepe place in my city too that eventually I'll talk about, but the environment is not nearly as fancy as Valentine's.





After Valentine we finally went to Ana Cañas show, a brazilian singer, I didn't know her very well but enjoyed the show, she has the best hair ever.


For dinner we ended up in a Swiss restaurant. We ordered another soup, which the menu described as being a very rich Swiss cheese consommé, again it came inside the bread, but this time we actually ate the entire bread, it was just ridiculous because the bread was huge! We also ordered a rösti potato and shared. From all things I tried in this trip the Swiss soup thing was my favorite, it was so so yummy I'm actually craving it right now.



The restaurant was dark and all by candle lights hence the pictures are quite bad :/. On Sunday we came back to São Paulo early and ended up having lunch here, we also went to the lovely Cold Stone and this time tried Cheesecake Fantasy.




Funghi and leek risottos, I liked the place and the food but I don't remember the restaurant's name now '-'


They need to open more Cold Stone stores around here because people were lining up in front of the place last Sunday. Cheesecake Fantasy was good but Strawberry Banana Rendezvous is my favorite so far.
During the past week I also got a few nice things: a pair of pink frilly socks arrived and my boyfriend's mom gave me a super cute pink cardigan she bought during our trip in Campos, she also bought me a pink hat but I forgot to take a picture ;-;
My boyfriend surprised me with Animal Crossing New Leaf, the game I've been wanting forever, it was the best present ever and I'm already addicted to the game, I can't play much now though because school has just started and I have to study a lot, hopefully once I get my place in college I'll be able to play all day ♡



 Hope you enjoyed reading this post and let know if you guys like this kind of post please.

Thank You 
for reading

2 comments:

  1. Wow Campos do Jordão looks a gorgeous place to visit and the views from your hotel room are stunning. I'm glad you had such a lovely time :). Also the cardigan and frilly socks look super cute (◕‿◕✿) xxx

    petiteseverina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and sorry for my late response, indeed Campos is a beautiful city I can't wait to go back and explore some more :3

      Delete