Sunday, November 15, 2015

My three favorite Lolita brands ♡


This week's theme on Lolita Blog Carnival is rather interesting: we have to list our top three favorite brands and explain why we love them so much.
By "brand" I mean not only the traditional Japanese brands, but also indie brands, Taobao brands and such. I'm looking forward to learn about the other bloggers favorites, I picked my three favorites based on how much I admire the brand and on my relationship with the products I own from them, I only included brands that I own a significant amount of goods to form an opinion on their quality and not only their designs.

The number one: Angelic Pretty ♡

I feel this is such a cliche answer: it's obviously the most popular Lolita brand around the world, but I can clearly see why: they always come up with the very best prints.
In actuality if wasn't for AP I probably wouldn't even be a lolita today. It was my desire to be able to wear Angelic Pretty one day that motivated me to start in the fashion.
I love their unique prints and 85% of my wishlist items consist of AP, it's also the most prominent brand on my wardrobe: it makes most of dresses, skirts and bags.
In my opinion Angelic Pretty's quality is amazing, I'm always mesmerized by the attention they put onto detail, I like the themed laces and buttons, the pockets and built-in petticoats, it's also the only brand (in the traditional sense of the word) that I've bought goods straight from the shop.

The second favorite: Baby, The Stars Shine Bright ♡

I have a few Baby items, I have more waiting to be shipped in Japan as well, it isn't much but I think it's enough to speak for their quality, or the lack of it. I believe Angelic Pretty has superior quality and richness of detail compared to Baby, I do like BTSSB designs but I've sold a dress in disappointment before: floppy bows, thin cotton fabric, dull color. However, Baby, The Stars Shine Bright does have some strong points: longer lengths than AP, a more traditional Lolita aesthetic, which I like, a Sweet-classic vibe.
I'm yet to buy my first brand blouse, but when I do I hope it's BTSSB since I like their blouse designs the best among all brands. After AP is the brand with the most items on my wishlist.

Lastly: Le Carrousel ♡

Forget about the "real" brands, specially because I can only speak for AP and Baby, the only Japanese brands I own. Le Carrousel is a local business run by a lolita in my comm and her mother, everything is handmade. I've bought boleros and hair accessories from them and more recently I ordered a custom size sailor skirt. I like their work very much, to me the accessories and boleros are comparable to some of my brand items. I love the skirt, I think they manage to do a great  job with the materials we have available in Brazil, my one complain would be: all dresses and skirts, in my opinion, should be fully lined which I think they are not (at least my skirt isn't). However the only thing that keeps me from buying more Le Carrousel is that they are very Classical and I'm mainly Sweet. Regardless of anything the products I could find to suit my style are very well loved and treasured.


Don't forget to check out their favorite brands:


And what about your favorite brand? Let me know in the comments.

Thank you for reading ♡


4 comments:

  1. Angelic Pretty's pockets are pretty amazing, I wish more brands did that! It's really cool to learn about your local brand too, I love finding out about smaller handmade brands in Lolita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all dresses should come with pockets too! Sooo useful! Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
  2. I thought Lolita Blog Carnival was dead D: Do you have the link? Thanks a lot!

    I'm with Kyttye about the pockets, I don't have enough bags to match all my dresses and it can be tedious don't have enough space to carry all your things :/ I heard about Le Carrousell a long time ago, I'm happy they're still on business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it is as active as it used to be but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lolitablogcarnival/

      I don't have enough bags either ;-;. Le Carrousel just keeps growing! It's a very reliable source of Lolita clothing right here at our own country <3 Thank you for stopping by ^u^

      Delete