Monday, June 5, 2017

Daydream Bed and macarons ♡


Hello! I've been absent for so long but I'll be posting more often from now on because I have finally moved to a cute little apartment. I'm very happy and many exciting things are yet to come.

Last weekend was International Lolita Day so my friends and I decided to visit a place that I had previously gone by myself and out of Lolita, it's near my new house.

D'Macarons started as a food truck, I've had their macarons a couple of times before I came across their recently opened shop. First thing I thought when I entered the place "my girls and I gotta come here asap!" so that was the plan for ILD.

Unfortunately I had a few problems on that day so I ended up with little time to get ready, luckily I had picked my outfit in advance. The girls and I met up at my house and they kindly waited for me to put some make-up on.

I need to take my time when applying my make-up. I managed to, very successfully, put on false eyelashes but everything else didn't work and I couldn't disguise my dark circles and tired face or brush my wig properly or paint my nails. But other than that I was happy with the overall result.


Above picture was taken in my "Lolita Room". The apartment I'm living at has two bedrooms: one where my boyfriend and I sleep and keep our normal clothes and a second room, which as every other part of the house is still a work in progress, it's gonna be my little sanctuary. Said room and the kitchen will be probably the first ones I'll finish decorating and furnishing.

Before leaving my building we took some overly kawaii selfies.


The girls loved D'Macarons. The decor is tasteful and has so much attention to details, everything is pink and adorable without being overdone.


I realize now I should've taken more pictures for this post, but you cand find a few more on my Facebook page from the first time I visited their shop.


We ordered three macarons each. I chose Strawberry & Chandon, Popcorn and Banana. Layla chose Red Berries, Dulce de Leche and Pistachio and Hana Amarena, Tiramisu and Strawberry & Chandon as well. They also ordered croissants and the three of us shared a teapot of some chocolate-y infusion that I can't recall the name.


There were so many different flavors on display! From exotic Brazilian fruits to flowers!


From the ones I tried there wasn't a single one I didn't like. They were all amazing but my favorite was Strawberry & Chandon, which is what I would describe my Lolita aesthetics if it was a macaron.


Hana and I didn't love the tea though but Layla did! I'm more into fruity infusions, we'll try a different one next time!

It was nice that the three of us were wearing new and long awaited pieces. I have finally crossed the pink macaron necklace from Q-pot out of my wishlist, Hana has the same necklace so one more item for our twinning collection!


I also had the chance to wear by black Daydream Bed JSK that I bought on the release. I'll have to write a separate post on that print and why I love it so much.


JSK: Angelic Pretty and Imai Kira collab
Blouse: Amavel
Necklace: Q-pot
Bag: Milk with My Melody charm
Shoes: Cotton Candy Feet
Headbow: Forever 21
Others: off-brand 


As I said before, other than hair and make-up I'm very satisfied with this look. The bag is the newest in my Milk collection. The gold one is probably my favorite and most worn bag and I can't wait to take my red one out. I still want it in black and maybe lavender! The shoes are Cotton Candy Feet and I ordered them with this dress in mind. The bow was a great find at Forever 21! It goes really well with my Petit Patisserie too!

Layla and Hana were wearing prints that I well know were on the top of their wishlist too, I'm so happy that they were able to get them.


D'Macarons's staff was not only very nice to us but also really excited about our outfits! They asked us for a picture behind their macaron counter and had many questions about Lolita without ever being rude or judgmental about it. They said they hope to see us there again soon.

Before leaving we took some polaroids with Hana's Instax Wide and bought a few more macarons to take home. I brought Strawberry & Chandon and Rose Water, sadly I wasn't very careful with them and they arrived broken :/

We were not ready to say bye to each other yet so we headed to a 50's inspired burger joint nearby called Zé do Hamburger.


We were not super hungry so we shared a basket of french fries with cherry lemonade.


Their decor is perfect for a 50's/Pin-up inspired meet-up and for Hana's Diner Doll.


It was already night when we went our separate ways but it was certainly one of the best times I went out in Lolita, can't wait to go back to those and other amazing places with them <3

And finally some mementos of the day. Hana gave me an Imai Kira postcard, it's like the three of us on the illustration besides me being twice their height haha.


Despite a few bad things here and there I've never been so happy with Lolita like I am now, I might not attend as many open meet-ups as before but I sure as hell won't stop wearing it anytime soon.

Thank you for reading ♡



3 comments:

  1. Ainda sonhando com esses croissants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and beautiful post! You all look super cute in these dresses and macarons are my all time love. Delicious and tempting with great taste. I appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete